As a private school part of the AEFE network, the school governance is composed of the following instances.
The School Board is responsible for administering the Parents’ Association and carrying out the decisions of the Annual General Meetings.
The Board is composed of a total of eight members:
- Six elected members of the School Assembly – these are the parents or legal representatives of school students (unless they are employees of the School or AEFE, or affiliated). They constitute the voting body.
- Two members representing School Management (Head of School) and the French Embassy representative. They are consultative voices.
The parents elected to the School Board oversee the general budgetary organisation of the school and the long-term strategy of the school, in accordance to Zambian Law and AEFE guidelines. The School Board participates in the organisation of the school, in close collaboration with the Head of School and the School Council, while respecting their respective powers.
The School Board is not the parents’ representatives – this is instead the role of the parents elected to the School Council (see below).
The School Board is reachable via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The school council is the body which deals with pedagogical and educational matters for all students in primary and secondary. It is composed of 12 members:
- One (01) Administrative, social and service staff
- Three teaching and educational staff (2 primary, 1 secondary)
- Three parents (3 seats)
- One student representatives (1 seat)
- Four members of management – including the head of school, embassy representative and
This body is the one that votes in school rules, school calender, staff training plan, health and safety issues, educational pathways (eco-responsible, citizenship), the planning and funding of school outings and trips, the organisation of educational life…
The parents elected to the School Council are the parents’ main representatives and contacts for all matters concerning the day-to-day life of the LFL. They can be contacted through the following email: email@example.com
Members of the school council are also asked to sit on other committees, namely: secondary school committee, student disciplinary committee, education committee, etc.